Nau Mai Haere Mai ki
Te Rūnanga o
Tour Guide, White Island Tours
Spend your summer on an active volcano!
If you are passionate about our local environment and would relish showing it off to visitors from all over the world, then this position may be ideal for you.
At White Island Tours, we deliver fully-guided boat tours to White Island (Whakaari), an active marine volcano, and Moutohorā Island a pest-free wildlife sanctuary.
With summer fast approaching, we are looking to fill a number of on-call casual vacancies within our team. If you are highly-motivated, organised, outgoing and adventurous person with excellent communication and public-speaking skills - we would like to hear from you!
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Available from early Nov 2017 – end of April 2018
- Have flexibility with hours and the ability to work weekends and public holidays
- Possess a professional approach in dealing with people; relate well with customers and colleagues at all levels
- Have an interest in the outdoors, marine life and/or the sciences
- Be physically fit and energetic
- Previous boat experience is an advantage but not essential as training will be provided
- Ability to memorise and recite facts clearly and accurately
- Exceptional verbal communication and interpersonal skills with fluency in English
This rewarding position is based in Whakatāne in the Eastern Bay of Plenty.