A COVID-19 response team has been established and will oversee the implementation of the Iwi pandemic response plan. Our focus will be to ensure the safety and wellbeing of ngā uri o ngā hapū o Ngāti Awa. Critical services will be maintained, and the COVID-19 Ngāti Awa Response Strategy will be implemented.
- Te Tohu o Te Ora o Ngāti Awa are not closed with the exception of the Early Childhood Centre. We are still here for you by phone 0800 525 009.
- Te Tohu o Te Ora o Ngāti Awa are operating a triage service for emergency situations.
- All services will operate as normal, with face to face home visits being replaced by phone calls, and the use of online technology.
- Existing clients can keep in contact with their kaiawhina, nurses and programme coordinators by ringing or texting the usual cell phone numbers for support.
- Critical Services such as Care & Protection, Emergency Housing, Family Harm Support are still operating under the usual referral protocols.
- “Ngāti Awa Awhi” including support packages will be provided directly to Ngāti Awa kaumatua over 65 years. Please contact 0800 525 009.
- Te Tohu o Te Ora o Ngāti Awa will be contacting those kaumatua registered with Omataroa No. 2 Trust, Kiwinui Forest Trust, Te Tohu o Te Ora o Ngāti Awa Kaumātua Programme, Ngāti Awa Kaumātua registered with Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Awa within the next 5 days. If you are not contacted within the next 5 days please call 0800 525 009.