Korehāhā Whakahau is the first Iwi led Predator Free Aotearoa 2050 eradication project in Aotearoa. Led by Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Awa, Korehāhā Whakahau is a significant mauri-enhancement project that aims to eradicate possums from a 4,700 hectare territory spanning from Ōhiwa to Whakatāne.
This role is a real opportunity to support and connect with the taiao in a large-scale project while employed.
This is a great opportunity for someone to begin their career in conservation management in a large-scale project. You will assist the Operations Manager and your Field Team Leader to deliver mahi within the Korehāhā Whakahau project and support the Taiao portfolio for Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Awa with a focus on advocating for Ngāti Awa and their values and kaitiakitanga principles.
Representing Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Awa, you will have the skills and ability to work with whānau and various landowners and stakeholders.
Key attributes of the successful applicant:
- Mahia te mahi – Motivated and committed to getting the work completed
- Kaitiakitanga – passionate about the taiao and all aspects of kaitiakitanga
- Mātauranga – committed to learning new skills and mātauranga ā Iwi
- Pono me te tika – Enact our values, tikanga and kawa in your mahi
- He tinana pakari –able to work outdoors in all types of landscapes and environments
- Mahi tahi – skills and ability to work with your team and stakeholders.
- Auaha – Innovative, courageous and a drive for excellence in everything you do
- Some experience in conservation or biodiversity/biosecurity field work and technology/computer skills would be useful. NCEA level 1 or School Certificate, or higher qualification, or other similar education background is a minimum requirement. Or an equivalent combination of both experience and education.
Applications close Sunday 28 September, 5.00pm
Shortlisted applicants must be available to be interviewed in a practical group session on
Friday 2 October at Te Manuka Tutahi Marae, 9am – 12.30pm
REGISTRATION FORM – Field Kaimahi (Field Team Member)
Korehāhā Whakahau is the first Iwi led Predator Free Aotearoa 2050 eradication project in Aotearoa. Led by Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Awa, Korehāhā Whakahau is a significant mauri-enhancement project that aims to eradicate possums from a 4,700-hectare territory spanning from Ōhiwa to Whakatāne.
We’re looking for 8x Field Kaimahi (team members) who are passionate about the taiao and prefer doing the mahi hands on in our ngahere. We’re after workers with great attitudes who are wanting to learn and develop over time. You will be supported by the Operations Manager and your Field Kaiarahi (Team Leaders) to achieve the outcomes of Korehāhā Whakahau, and the wider social, cultural and environmental outcomes of Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Awa.
Answer the questions below as best as you can, and we will consider your application.