Reporting to the CEO, as Head of Finance you will lead all aspects of the finance function, along with managing a small and committed team. As a crucial member of the team, you will advise the Board and CEO on strategic planning, improving the performance of the existing assets whilst advising on new opportunities. In addition, you will ensure all aspects of the accounting and audit cycle are efficient and well managed, bringing a continuous improvement approach. The opportunities in this role are many – high performers and those who are success driven will be best suited to apply.
Ngāti Awa Group Holdings Limited (NAGHL) is the commercial arm of Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Awa. NAGHL has a successful track record with its asset portfolio now valued at circa $130 million. Its purpose is to responsibly grow the iwi assets for both current and future generations while reflecting the broader social, environmental and cultural values of Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Awa. NAGHL’s investments include tourism, horticulture, property and forestry, some of which are held through strategic alliances and joint ventures.
You will enjoy working as part of an awesome, high performing team. To succeed in the role you will:
- Be an experienced finance manager (CA qualified for at least 5 years) with broad experience ideally in a group context.
- Have experience in management of diverse investments, ideally including acquisitions and joint ventures.
- Balance your analytical financial nous with excellent people skills.
- Provide financial and accounting leadership experience gained in similar commercially focused roles.
- Be technically sound across all accounting and finance disciplines – including innovative solutions, reporting and audit.
- Possess strong leadership skills with the proven ability to support and develop your team.
- Be positive in your approach, able to engage successfully and build relationships.
- Bring a strong instinct for the ‘nuances’ of business, as well as critical thinking to the role.
This position is based in Whakatāne, however a split week to allow someone to commute from outside the region will be considered, or assistance to relocate.
For more information or to apply email email@example.com. If you would like to discuss this position please call Amy Tea on 027 435 3000 or Jo Bell on 021 173 3523.
Applications close Friday 17 April 2020.