Strategic Business Manager
Ko wai mātou I About
Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Awa (Rūnanga) is the post settlement governance entity of Ngāti Awa. The Rūnanga is responsible for administering the Tiriti o Waitangi settlement for and on behalf of Ngāti Awa to empower and strengthen Ngāti Awa whanau and hapū and ensure the sustainable management of our collectively held assets to meet the needs of current and future generations.
Ngāti Awa Group Holdings Limited (NAGHL) is a subsidiary of the Rūnanga and manages the commercial assets of the Iwi.
The Project Management Office manages projects for both the Rūnanga and NAGHL and is tasked with ensuring all deliverables meet the contractual obligations agreed with funding bodies. One of these key projects is Building Resilient and Sustainable Communities.
Whāinga I The opportunity
The Strategic Business Manager will lead strategic developments that consolidate existing activities and develop a sound foundation from which the Rūnanga meets our strategic goals as set out in Te Ara Poutama and Ko Ngāti Awa Te Toki 2050.
Key responsibilities in this role are to identify and pursue and co-ordinate strategic priorities and opportunities to improve the social, cultural, economic, and environmental outcomes for Ngāti Awa. You will build strong relationships with key partners; and influence and inform external policy and systems to achieve the aspirations and strategic goals.
Ōu pukenga I About you
To be successful in this role we are seeking interest from those with:
- Experience as a senior leader in Iwi/Māori development
- Significant experience in strategic planning and management
- Strategic thinking and ability to conceptualise frameworks and ideas
- Solid leadership skills including HR experience and ability to coach and guide others
- A good understanding of the political, social, and cultural operating environment of Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Awa
- And above all, a passion for making a difference to the future of the Iwi
An understanding of Tikanga Māori and te reo is desirable.
To find out more about this role please call Sandra Diekerhof, Director at HR Connect Limited on 027 52 666 99 or simply apply at https://hrconnect.qjumpersjobs.co/jobs/details/Strategic_Business_Manager-1048117