Ko wai mātou I About
Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Awa (Rūnanga) is the post settlement governance entity of Ngāti Awa. The Rūnanga is responsible for administering the Tiriti o Waitangi settlement for and on behalf of Ngāti Awa to empower and strengthen Ngāti Awa whanau and hapū and ensure the sustainable management of our collectively held assets to meet the needs of current and future generations.
Ngāti Awa Group Holdings Limited (NAGHL) is a subsidiary of the Rūnanga and manages the commercial assets of the Iwi.
The Project Management Office manages projects for both the Rūnanga and NAGHL and is tasked with ensuring all deliverables meet the contractual obligations agreed with funding bodies. One of these key projects is Te Ara Mahi. The purpose of this project is to focus on skills and employment development.
The outcomes of Te Ara Mahi are:
- Sustainable employment pathways for Ngāti Awa and Māori;
- Support the Ngāti Awa and Māori workforce to attain new skills and training to transition into employment;
- Develop a high-quality Ngāti Awa and Maori workforce.
Whāinga I The opportunity
Reporting to the Programme Manager – PMO, you will be responsible for directing and supporting people into the relevant existing services and support the local workforce to identify any new assistance that is required.
In this role, you will assist in creating and coordinating a workforce development framework; identify gaps and develop solutions to meet these; work with local employers and agencies; match employers with the available workforce; ensure access to training and skill development programmes; whilst mitigating risks and resolving issues and problems.
Ōu pukenga I About you
To be successful in this role we are seeking interest from those with:
- Well-developed programme co-ordination experience including strong planning skills
- Human resource experience
- Exceptional organisational skills including time management
- Strong people skills and ability to lead, influence, coach and guide others
- The ability to build and maintain credible relationships with ease
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A proactive and responsive attitude
- Flexibility and adaptability
- And above all, a passion for making a difference to the future of the Iwi.
An understanding of Tikanga Māori and te reo is desirable.
To find out more about this role please call Sandra Diekerhof, Director at HR Connect Limited on 027 52 666 99 or simply apply at https://hrconnect.qjumpersjobs.co/jobs/details/Workforce_Navigator-1048118